knitting and knitting and more knitting.....

Friday, January 9, 2009

Oh Well -so I lied.



Ok -- so I never finished it in two weeks. In fact, it's been over a month and I'm still not done.

It's not that I didn't try though. I was so close. I finished the front and the back in two weeks an then it happened. I tried it on my husband. Shock. Horror. It was too small. What to do?? I guess this is the price I pay when I try to use worsted weight yarn when the pattern calls for bulky.

I know, I know - this was dumb. But I did swatch and I did use bigger needles and I did try to compensate by adding many stitches at odd places to the pattern but I guess I didn't do quite enough. Well....now I am in quite a predicament aren't I. What to do.. What to do. Should I ripppp ..... no no no way never Not after all that cableing. I thought and thought. Should I give it to someone else?? No - I won't part with this one for obvious reasons. Here's my solution (please don't laugh). I will pick up stitches along each side and add several vertical rows of garter stitch. Do that on all four sides, seam together, knit a rectangular piece of border, add that on and the retry. I think I am doing way to much for this damn sweater. Below are some photos where you can see the funky border I added. My little Max enjoyed modeling it for me.










Isn't he a ham?




Followers